A furnace is something that we rely on to keep us warm throughout the year. If your furnace isn’t working properly, it might be time to consider a furnace replacement. Here at Evergreen Heating & Air LLC, we don’t want you to jump into a furnace replacement sooner than necessary. We have years of experience working on HVAC systems, and we can handle both heating and cooling replacements. We have compiled a few questions that will point to red flags of a failing furnace to watch out for, including:
- Is your furnace able to keep up with household demands? A furnace that can no longer keep a home warm in the winter should be considered being replaced. Sometimes this will happen when a home adds an addition, or other times it is just due to a furnace being older and in need of replacement.
- Are you noticing frequent cycling of your furnace? Frequent cycling does not necessarily mean that you need a new furnace, but it is definitely a sign of a problem that should be examined.
- Have you seen recent changes in your utility bills? Furnaces that need to work harder than usual to put out the same amount of heat are going to be less efficient. This means you’ll need to consider if your furnace needs a tune-up or if it is better to replace it.
- Is your furnace aging? A furnace is not meant to last forever. Some will only last around 15-20 years before needing replacement. If it is nearing the end of it’s lifespan, then you might consider replacement.
- Are you getting to know your repairman very well? If you have seen your repairman frequently lately, then you should consider putting the cost of those repairs towards a new furnace instead.
We hope that these tips have been helpful. If you need a furnace replacement, we hope you will contact us today to learn more!