Space heaters can be great for temporary use or to help with heating certain rooms with airflow issues, although we do not recommend using them as your main source of heat. They can be dangerous below we have listed some safety tips to utilize when your space heater is in use.
• First off read and follow all manufacturer’s directions for your space heater. All models are different.
• Keep anything that can burn at least 5 feet from the heater including but not limited to curtains, blankets, and clothes.
• NEVER leave a space heater unattended. Turn it off when you’re leaving a room or going to sleep, and don’t let pets or children play near a space heater.
• Never put a space heater on a countertop unless it’s specifically designed for it.
• Install smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and test monthly.
• Don’t use gas- or oil-burning space heaters indoors, only outdoors.
• Do not use an extension cord or power strip, which could overheat and potentially result in a fire.